Author Topic: HALF PINTS OF LOVE 4%  (Read 11930 times)

2catsblue

• Rival Gang
  • Imposter
HALF PINTS OF LOVE 4%
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:49 AM »
How soon do we start getting ready for this? I was thinking since I have ALL this FREE time I would start collecting some of the stuff we need. Since this will be my 1st year of participation, can someone with previous experiences construct a list of what we hand out. Yes Duh I know pints, I'm talking the other stuff.  :-*
Are You Kidding Me!

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
  • droppin' the kids at the beach.
Re: HALF PINTS OF LOVE 4%
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »
first thing is to collect donations.....the it is the acquisition of tube socks, chocolate, peanutbutter/cheese crackers, smokes, matches, and of course  the half-pint.
the proof is in the pudding-(chocolate is best)

2catsblue

• Rival Gang
  • Imposter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »
first thing is to collect donations.....the it is the acquisition of tube socks, chocolate, peanutbutter/cheese crackers, smokes, matches, and of course the half-pint.

Do we use the donations for those things or are those purchased separately?
Are You Kidding Me!

russbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
We hit up people for cash be it other scooterists, friends, family, coworkers etc. Bear in mind some folks don't necessarily approve of what we do so use discretion in your work environment. Rival Gangsters kick in $ if they can but it is NOT required. Times are tough we are not going to tell people how to spend their money. Leg work is very much appreciated whether it's collecting, packaging or distributing, but again NOT required. I'll get some pins made up, donations of $20 or more receive a commemorative pin while supplies last. If somebody wants to donate tube socks, smokes, half pints instead of cash...ain't nothin' wrong with that. Cigarette coupons are always a good thing to aquire. We usually see what kind of cash we're working with before we start buying stuff. Total Beverage always cuts me a good deal on half pints and we have a semi good connect for cigarettes. The best deals on tube socks are usually at Walmart, Target, BigLots etc.

It's never too early to start!
1953 Vespa 125, 2007 Vespa GT60, 1980 Vespa p200, 1980 Bajaj
INJURY REPORT:
No injuries reported at this time.

STFU

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:47 PM »
There's that new custom cigarette shop near Casa Bonita.  $25/carton vs. $45 @ 7-11....
The Enforcer!

russbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »
There's that new custom cigarette shop near Casa Bonita.  $25/carton vs. $45 @ 7-11....

Shweeeeet!
INJURY REPORT:

kelleycfc

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »
I was just going to suggest this!  They say you tell them your brand and they make it for you.

Russ, what was the expense of last year's event total?

2catsblue

• Rival Gang
  • Imposter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »

I just call and currently the cost of L&M reds cartons at Sam's Club is $40.35.
Are You Kidding Me!

2catsblue

• Rival Gang
  • Imposter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »
We hit up people for cash be it other scooterists, friends, family, coworkers etc. Bear in mind some folks don't necessarily approve of what we do so use discretion in your work environment. Rival Gangsters kick in $ if they can but it is NOT required. Times are tough we are not going to tell people how to spend their money. Leg work is very much appreciated whether it's collecting, packaging or distributing, but again NOT required. I'll get some pins made up, donations of $20 or more receive a commemorative pin while supplies last. If somebody wants to donate tube socks, smokes, half pints instead of cash...ain't nothin' wrong with that. Cigarette coupons are always a good thing to aquire. We usually see what kind of cash we're working with before we start buying stuff. Total Beverage always cuts me a good deal on half pints and we have a semi good connect for cigarettes. The best deals on tube socks are usually at Walmart, Target, BigLots etc.

It's never too early to start!

Thanks Russ, I've talked to Sarah on the phone and I have a plan for my end of it all.
Are You Kidding Me!

russbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »
Russ, what was the expense of last year's event total?

Basically it costs about $3 per package last year we gave out 113 bundles of joy.
Half pints are about $1.50 ea
Socks about $0.65 pair
Cigarettes around $0.50 for four ($2.50/pack with coupons and promos)
Cheese and crackers, chocolate, matches take it up to around $3.00 maybe a little over.
Having said that I got a smokin' good deal on some decent booze last year so our cost was down to about $2.50 or less, and we have not looked into getting socks in bulk.
We have found some cheaper socks but they kinda sucked as well as some really crappy gin. Even though beggars can't be choosers I don't mind sacrificing a little cash for a little more quality.
INJURY REPORT:

annoythemom

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
 I have some chewing tabbaco  given to me. (who give cheiwng tabbaco) Will you be at the monster ride so I can give it for the holiday ride?