Author Topic: National Scooter Show  (Read 12603 times)

Pieman

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
  • fyyff
National Scooter Show
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
So I was at the gun show yesterday looking for some new accessories for my scoot and I ran into this fellow who is the organizer for the National Scooter Show.  Heres the info: National Scooter Show/Rocky Mountain Holistic Fair ( not sure what one has to do with the other, but then again I got this from a guy at a gun show ) Adams County Fairgrounds, 9755 Henderson Rd. January 9th, 10th and 11th 2009. Tickets are $5 at the door. Seniors are $4 ( we'll have Russ buy the tickets  ;D ) They'll be showing scoots from 25 different manufactures. There will be all kinds of gear and goodies. The guy said there would be scooter clubs in attendance and they were looking for more to sign up.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:18:46 PM by Forum Jockey »
Those who choose to travel through life on four wheels are merely spectators. Those who choose their adventure on two wheels are participants.

It's your journey......Participate

Groovealufagus

• Fresh Meat
Re: National Scooter Show
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
Well, whatever they might or might not have in common, it might be the only time you all get to see Jill at something scooter related... since it's also a holistic fair.  See you Wednesday.

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
  • droppin' the kids at the beach.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »
Believe it or not, Bondo and I heard about this when we were at the motorcycle rally in the Springs this summer.  I forgot all about it.  Thanks for the heads up. ;D
the proof is in the pudding-(chocolate is best)

Tbonestone

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 02:18:07 AM »
scooters need gun racks too! Whats a better way to FYYFF then with a sawed off mounted on a vespa...?

It's not the size of the tool that counts, it's the size of the box you put it in.

STFU

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
Tbone & JoshD are working the Sportique booth. 

But I also found a ride for Sunday:
http://www.meetup.com/The-Denver-Scooter-Meetup-Group/calendar/9474960/
"We will leave from the Boat House in Washington Park. The start location will be at the parking lot in front of the boat house at the south end of the lake in Washington Park. We will leave at 11:30 a.m."
It's a 50cc ride. 

It's gonna be a high of 50 and mostly sunny on Sunday.  Wanna ride?  With these douches, or on our own?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:09:54 PM by STFU »
The Enforcer!

Pieman

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
  • fyyff
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
I'd be up for riding to the show. The ride from Wash park sounds cool. I've never heard of the people who are organizing the ride. Does anybody know anything about them. I'm also up for a Rival Gang ride to the show. I'm easy. What do you all want to do?
Those who choose to travel through life on four wheels are merely spectators. Those who choose their adventure on two wheels are participants.

red rattler

• Fresh Meat
  • knocked down but not out
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
gang ride to the show?
that sounds like a lot of fun to me!
missed tuesday but have no reason to miss this one hope everybody shows

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:40:27 PM »
We will be cagin it out there Sat. around 10:30 because there is football on Sunday.  The pain is almost over.

Rival Gang ride from Peaberrys would be good for me. I may end uo alone due to Football-Go figure.

If you guys want to meet the Wash Park people that's cool.  You could call with estimated time of arrival and route so I could meet up with you all.

red rattler

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
I may be wrong and usually am but I thought the broncos lost and fired shanny? season over!
or is it just any football game, that needs to be watched?

Pieman

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
  • fyyff
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
The Mrs and I took a ride in our cage this morning to the NATIONAL SCOOTER SHOW.  Unfortunately I must now take a moment to publicly blast the lame dickhead that is running the show. I can't believe what an absolute waste of time, money and fuel that was. The show is in a tiny building that you can't see from the main road. We drove up and down the road twice trying to find it. There are only 3 scooter displays. Everything else is holistic crap and massage stuff. The show is nothing like what it was advertised as. I'm hearing that some Sportique folks can't believe what a joke the show is. There, I'm done.

So anyway, I'm still up for a ride tomorrow just not the show. Maybe meet up for coffee/brunch/lunch and a ride?

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »
Damn! You beat me to the post!  The Mr and I drove out there this morning. Knew where it was simply because we knew the fair grounds.  There were a few cars in the lot, one scooter.  We were there around 11:00. We opened the door of the most likely building to find the guy at the door was the same guy that travels to fairs selling pins he makes. The same guy that told us about this back in June. We could see some tables with crap on them towards the front of the building and the Sportique canopy towards the back and Val walking around looking completely bored. The door guy wouldn't let us come in to say hi to Val without buying a ticket so we didn't say hi to Val.

What a horendous waste of time and very large disappointment!

I, too, am up for a ride tomorrow but in the other direction!!!!!

Oh, Football playoffs are going on right now.  We still don't know who goes to the Superbowl.

Pieman

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
  • fyyff
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
Ok, lets meet up at peaberry over in highlands (W 32nd) say around 11:00am and we'll go from there.

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
Great Plan

gymnation

• Rival Gang
  • Fimicolous
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 05:07:03 PM »
Great Plan
Crap! Damn my slow webbing!
"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them."  -Abraham Lincoln-

red rattler

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:13:01 AM »
Well thanks for telling  me now a can bbuy a 5.00 coffee at Peaberry's lol
see you there