Author Topic: Need help with rides....  (Read 4272 times)

Scootden

• HHooligan
  • Fresh Meat
  • HHooligan
Need help with rides....
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »
Hey all! oh and fyyff!

I'm working on a little "project" and I was hoping you fucks could help this fuck out!

What i need is descriptions of your favorite local rides.....ie rides you take for fun on your scoot. They can be loops...out and backs...whatever. Is there somewhere you like to ride too? Favorite resteraunt, Bar(i know you all love bars!), muesum....whatever. Long=over 20 miles...short well duh.....

Tbone I know you've got some!

So what do you have for me? Feel free to email/PM if you want.
Thanks, YFF's!

josh

Tbonestone

• Rival Gang
  • Gold Brick
Re: Need help with rides....
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
Well... Here's my tops list:

32nd all the way out to golden. Stop at the brewery either pre or post look out mountain ride. (depending on your bravery)

There is a fun route through globeville. It's kind of nice in the evening when there isn't much in the way of traffic. I know that is a fav for our beloved Rival founders, as well as the Ruckus guys. Basically you leave one part of 38th st. and come out at another part of town like further down or something like  fox and 42nd.

I do an occasional ride to boulder. Sheridan to 120th st, then to interlocken blvd. to coalton to McCaslin to south boulder road to broadway (boulder style)

If you want something for those not faint of heart, or scoot, Golden Gate Canyon is super cool! Probably something not for people with a 50cc. Golden Gate canyon is pretty much the 32nd ride, with a little jaunt up Ford to Golden Gate Canyon Rd.

I'm sure i have more that i am leaving out... Other than the obvious extended journey down to Colo Springs. Having done that ride i would recommend staying over night in the springs before coming back to denver. The full round trip wrecked my body and my wits.

It's not the size of the tool that counts, it's the size of the box you put it in.

Scootden

• HHooligan
  • Fresh Meat
  • HHooligan
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »
Thanks dude....

I do that golden ride out 32nd.....I call it "brew and a view".

I was thinking about the Globeville ride....how long is it? 5miles maybe?

...i remember the Csprings and back day....proud but holy shit where you worked!

The boulder ride(we did it that day) is on the list for sure....does anyone remember the east boulder ride we did from sportique? That was a pretty cool ride.

josh

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
  • droppin' the kids at the beach.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:34:09 PM »
I don't know what you are up to Scootden but here goes-

For a city ride I like Broadway to Hamden to Havana to Colfax.  A nice circular slice of the metro area.

There is 80th Ave west to hwy 93 into Golden. Either take 32nd back into town or go on to Colfax. This can also get you to Golden Gate Canyon which like T-Bone said is a sweet ride.

Alameda out to Red Rocks always is a good one.

Down Sante Fe to Salida and Palmer Lake Road to Monument or on to Colorado Springs.  We did the Springs ride for the big motorcycle rally this last summer and it was a gi-normous good time.

Hwy 287 (Wadsworth) to Hwy 7 into Boulder.

Best of all there is Riverdale Road and connecting Hwys to Brighton.  Riverdale Road is a rocking good ride!

For a 50ccc friendly ride you can't beat the Lookout Mountain/Buffalo Bill's Grave.

Lowell Ave is great for 50cc/s as is Pierce.

You know it would be great to see the Hooligan's at the 404 on Tues. Hope to see you guys

Sarah

the proof is in the pudding-(chocolate is best)

Scootden

• HHooligan
  • Fresh Meat
  • HHooligan
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »
Awesome lady that helps a bunch!

I'm working on tuesday, but I'll make it to one soon.

josh