Author Topic: Moving to Denver, looking to ride shiftys,walks on the beach and hand holding  (Read 5232 times)

sevenhillsrva

• Fresh Meat
Hey Folks....I'm Willis, treasurer of Seven Hills Scooter Club in Richmond, Virginia. I just got the admin to add me to the page as I have been lurking around trying to get a feel for the vintage/ shifty scene in Denver.

So my job was sucking balls and I found one doing the same thing in Adams County. I applied in a couple states as I'm bi-lingual and work on a federal program with migrant farm workers. Anyhow, Colorado came through and I'm headed that way in June.

That noise aside, I'm stoked to get my scoot out in Denver. I actually had 3 Vespas but I sold one which I was in the process of rebuilding the motor on (a 1962 VBB in really good original condition) which I am pretty dissapointed to let go of but I need the cash to move and I still got my runner coming with me which I spent 2 years restoring and I really can't let go of. Also, I'll be bringing some engine cases and parts I have trying to build up a kitted Sprint Veloce motor to slap into a frame I source out there at some point hopefully.

Anyhow, looking to wrench with folks, ride around, get some help with jetting when I get to altitude and get some Colorado Rallies under my belt. Also, I'm a big footie fan (you know, football with your feet) so I'll be seeking out the pub for some viewing time particularly with the world cup this year. I see y'all meet on Wednesdays so I'll make it a point to come out and get lost riding home as well. As the treasurer of our club I'm pretty involved. We do two rallies a year and monthly rides as well as weekly meetings. I don't know much about the clubs in Colorado but I am certainly going to try and slide in and help where I can with rally planning when I get settled or working on raffle bikes if that's ever a thing. I've heard the scene is pretty good and decent sized and I'll look to, you know, make an ass of myself immediately then ask for forgiveness later. Anyhow, below is a link to our club page and a picture of my scoot. Hope to meet some of y'all soon.

https://www.facebook.com/7hillsscooterclub

STFU

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
A non-Californian!  Welcome to Denver!  Weather is finally warming up and cobwebs getting blown outta bikes.  See you on a Wednesday,YFF.
The Enforcer!

sevenhillsrva

• Fresh Meat
A non-Californian!  Welcome to Denver!  Weather is finally warming up and cobwebs getting blown outta bikes.  See you on a Wednesday,YFF.

HAHA, nope, beast coast my whole life pretty much. was just out in some 75 degree weather sorting out some leases, dentist, and shit backfiring and scaring children....it'll be a couple Wednesdays before I am in town (june 14th or so I should be there) but 'll be stoked to meet new folks from a different cities vintage scene.

TonyK

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
Hey man, good to hear from you. You are coming into town at a good time. The rallies will be cranking up by then. We do Wed night meet ups and try to get a weekend ride in when we can. I'm sure that we would be more than happy to give you a hand with some jetting, I think between Sanch and myself we have a full set of mains.

Come on out on a Wed when you on town.

sarahbondo

• Rival Gang
  • Front Office
  • droppin' the kids at the beach.
Oh, perfect timing is correct. Our we will be having a Lil Somethin' Somethin'666 June 19-22 and we would love to have you along!
the proof is in the pudding-(chocolate is best)

sevenhillsrva

• Fresh Meat
Oh, perfect timing is correct. Our we will be having a Lil Somethin' Somethin'666 June 19-22 and we would love to have you along!

Yea i saw that and the first thing that came to mind was "sweet, a rally when I get there!" Also, right before I leave our club is hosting our camping rally, Dogwood Classic. I'll miss all the east coast rallies like NSP, Band Camp, ECC, and others but a new crew of enthusiasts to cause trouble with?! Excellent.

http://dogwoodclassicrally.com/